These Buddy Tiles workmats are a fun way for partners to practice counting and number recognition skills, while they engage in math talk and practice cooperative learning skills!
Working with a buddy at a center or in a small group, children share a workmat and set of number tiles. Taking turns, they count a set of objects, then find and place the matching tile. There is only one place each tile can go, so children have the opportunity to do a little problem solving to make the matches come out right.
This set includes ten different workmats, five in black and white for economical printing, and five bright and cheerful mats in full color!
My students enjoy both types of mats, and they love to complete a workmat multiple times.
Download the preview for complete directions and a sample workmat to try!
Thank you for your interest in Buddy Tiles!
Here are more math activities for young children:
• BUDDY TILES FOR BEGINNERS SET 2: Workmats for Addition and Subtraction
• ADD! SUBTRACT! COLOR! 20 Printables for Addition and Subtraction Within 10
• ADD! SUBTRACT! COLOR! Valentine Printables for Addition & Subtraction Within 10
• BUMPVILLE Addition and Subtraction Strategies and Fluency Practice Within 10
• SPRING! Add! Subtract! Color! Printables for Addition & Subtraction Within 20
• SPEEDWAY MATH Addition and Subtraction Mega-Pack
• Save money by building a custom bundle! It's like having your own private sale! Find more information HERE.
Don’t forget to leave feedback for your TpT purchases! You earn credits to use for any future TpT purchases, and your feedback is very helpful to me as well. I love reading it!
If you like my work, follow my store to be notified when new resources are listed in my store. It pays to be a follower--new resources are 50% off for the first 24 hours!
Thank you for looking! Please contact me if you have any questions.