Products in this Bundle (4)
This resource has everything you need to give students practice and confidence in the technical aspects of research that are often their biggest stumbling blocks: creating a works cited and using parenthetical citation.
What teachers are saying about this bundle:
- "This product is amazing! It covers all of the skills my students are lacking!"
- "Very helpful to have one resource with everything needed to teach citation."
- "This is BY FAR the best resource I've found for helping kids practice internal citations. So helpful!!"
These MLA based research guides will help them truly understand how to incorporate information in their writing and correctly cite it. Includes "at a glance" reference documents that students can use to review and check their work.
This bundle will save you so much time and make teaching research so much easier!
Here's what you'll get:
How to Summarize, Quote, and Create Parenthetical Citation :
- define plagiarism and determine how to identify and avoid it
- understand what parenthetical citation is
- understand when to use ellipsis and brackets when quoting materials
- practice citing sources with the correct parenthetical citations for direct quotes and summaries
- practice using parenthetical citation for a variety of reference sources – including web and print resources
- practice introducing quotes
- assess samples for plagiarism and correct formatting
- determine important quotes from an article
- summarize two articles and check for plagiarism
- collaborate with peers in evaluating summaries
- create an original paragraph using summarized material
- create an original paragraph using quotes
- self-assess competency in this unit of study
One-page fold-up MLA Parenthetical Citation "cheat sheet":
- correct use of in-text citations
- embedding quotes
- avoiding plagiarism
- direct quotes, paraphrase, or summary?
- using an ellipsis
- common knowledge
- tips for what to do when you feel like you are citing everything
How to Create a Works Cited/Bibliography:
- Suggestions for use
- Student sample of correct works cited page
- What is a work cited page? student introduction
- What should be included?
- Detailed explanation on "containers"
- Practice creating citations
- Works-cited worksheet
- Directions for student-driven research materials
- Works cited checklist
- End of lesson self-assessment
- Student self-assessment
- Answer key
One-page fold-up MLA Works Cited/ Bibliography "cheat sheet":
- Quick reference that includes information on how to cite resources that middle and high school students commonly use:
- online resources, books, periodicals, encyclopedia/dictionary entries, personal interviews, works with multiple authors
Free Bonus > Research Journal:
- fun cover that student can color
- finding and narrowing the topic -- step-by-step
- generating research questions
- three pages for three different research sources
- page for draft of report
- page for illustration, pictures, or charts
- extra pages (one lined, one unlined)
- teacher chart to help with formative assessments & record conferences
Reasons to love this bundle:
- CCSS Connections
- Step-by-Step directions. Material is presented in easy-to-understand chunks with lots of examples
- Student notes, definitions, and examples
- Addresses plagiarism and academic honesty
- Students examples
- Lots of practice using the technical skills
- Lesson plans, answer keys, and rubrics
- Opportunities for students to assess sample work
- Practice incorporating direct quotes and paraphrased information into student writing
You'll love these mini research projects that make it easy to assign ways for your students to practice:
You can use the resources in any order.
These resources are based on the 8th Edition MLA recommendations.
Please follow my store to be the first to learn about sales and new products!
I can't wait to hear from you! And if you have any questions, please send them to me in the Q & A below. I'll get right back to you!