A 7-page worksheet designed to introduce both middle school and lower high school students to the topics of cells, cell theory, prokaryotic vs. eukaryotic cells, plant vs. animal cells, and cell organelles.
I use this document as a reading and review activity that connects to my PPT presentation entitled Cells and Cell Organelles. A link to this PPT product is found below.
Pages 1-2 – Reading Exercise: A 2-page reading that covers the following topics:
- What are cells?
- Unicellular vs. multicellular
- Cell theory (3 main postulates)
- Prokaryotic cells vs. eukaryotic cells
- Plant cells vs. animal cells
- What is an organelle?
- Cell organelles (basic structure and function)
Page 3 – Labeled Cell Diagrams:
- Simple and clear diagrams of animal and plant cells with labeled organelles
Pages 4-5 – Review:
- Review table where students fill in the main job or each organelle and if it is found in animal cells, plant cells, or both
- 1 blank animal cell diagram to label cell organelles
- 1 blank plant cell diagram to label cell organelles
Pages 6-7 – Answer Keys:
- Color-coded answer keys for all review questions and diagrams
- This product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and editable Word document.
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
NGSS – MS-LS1.A
- Life Science – From Molecules to Organisms: Structure and Processes – Structure and Function
UNIT BUNDLE – Cells and Cell Division (In Development)
Study Sheet – Mitosis and Meiosis
Worksheet – Specialized Cells
Worksheet – Cell Membranes and Transport
Worksheet – Mitosis
Worksheet – Meiosis
Lab – Observing Cells
Lab – Potato Diffusion
Quiz – Cell Organelles
Quiz – Cell Membranes and Transport
Quiz – Mitosis
Quiz – Meiosis
Unit Test – Cells and Cell Division
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.