Also included in
- A comprehensive 7 worksheet bundle that covers basic and advanced concepts in evolution for an upper middle school or lower high school biology course. Topics include: who was Charles Darwin, theory of natural selection, evolution, evidence for evolution, types of selection (e.g. stabilizing, disru$16.40$20.50Save $4.10
A 3-page worksheet product designed to cover the basic evolutionary concept of speciation for an upper middle school or lower high school biology course. Topics include: what is speciation, reproductive isolation, 3 methods of reproductive isolation: geographic isolation, behavioral isolation, and temporal isolation.
Page 1 - Reading:
- Defines speciation
- Describes the mechanism for speciation – reproductive isolation.
- Summarizes the 3 main methods of reproductive isolation: geographic isolation, behavioral isolation, and temporal isolation, each with a summary diagram and example.
Page 2 - Review Questions:
- Multiple choice review exercise where students match real-life examples and standard definitions with the correct type of isolation.
Page 3 - Answer Key:
- Answer key for multiple choice review exercise.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable Word document
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting. No surprises!
Relevant NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS MS-LS3 - Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Traits
- MS-LS3.A - Inheritance of Traits
- MS-LS3.B - Variation of Traits
NGSS MS-LS4 - Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
- MS-LS4.B: Natural Selection
- MS-LS4.C: Adaptation
NGSS HS-LS3 - Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Traits
- HS-LS3.A - Structure and Function
- HS-LS3.C - Variation of Traits
NGSS HS-LS4 - Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
- HS-LS4.B: Natural Selection
- HS-LS4.C: Adaptation
You Might Also Like the Following Worksheets in This Set:
You Might Also Like the Following Related Evolution Products:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.