- This super unit bundle product combines 2 separate unit bundles together: Scientific Method and Metric System. This super bundle contains 42 resources needed for a typical middle school science unit covering the nature of science, scientific method, experimental design, metric or SI system, metric$109.25$75.00Save $34.25
- This comprehensive unit bundle contains 19 resources needed for a typical middle school science unit on the nature of science, scientific method and experimental design. I typically teach this unit at the start of the year and review and reinforce the concepts with each successive unit in a spiral$75.25$55.00Save $20.25
A 4-page worksheet that introduces students to experimental design concepts. Specifically, this worksheet identifies parts of an experiment, states a definition for each, and provides an example or writing tip.
I use this document as a reading and review activity that follows my PowerPoint presentation entitled Scientific Method and Lab Report Writing PPT. This product is part of a larger suite of scientific method products. Links to these products are found below.
Pages 2-3 features a reading exercise on the following topics:
- Problem Statement
- Types of Variables (independent variable, dependent variable, constants)
- Experimental control
- Materials List
- Data (quantitative data, qualitative data, data tables)
- Graph (includes 10 criteria of a good graph)
Page 3 features review questions in the following format:
- Matching key vocabulary terms with definitions
- Identifying parts of an experiment in a narrative
Page 4 is a full answer key for all review questions.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and editable Word document.
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant NGSS Science and Engineering Practices Addressed by This Product:
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
You Might Also Like the Following Unit Resources:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.