Also included in
- Save 20%!This unit bundle contains 21 resources needed for a typical middle school chemistry unit on atomic structure and the periodic table of elements.The bundle contains a unit PPT and corresponding student summary notes, worksheets, lab activities, formative quizzes, review exercises, a PPT unit$50.00$64.25Save $14.25
- This is a custom bundle created for Suzanne. It is a collection of various class forms and resources, nature of science and chemistry products. Bundle Contents:NGSS Middle School Chemistry Curriculum - Full Course BundleSuper Bundle – Scientific Method & MetricsBundle - Class Forms, Notices, and$257.25$367.50Save $110.25
A clear and concise 4-page worksheet that serves as a reading and review exercise on general patterns of the periodic table, properties of metals, nonmetals, and metalloids, as well as 5 important groups of the periodic table (alkali metals, alkaline earth metals, transition metals, halogens, and noble gases).
Up to Date With the Newest Elements:
This worksheet is fully up to date and includes the newest elements added to the periodic table, including nihonium (Nh), flerovium (Fl), moscovium (Mc), livermorium (Lv), tennessine (Ts), and oganesson (Og).
There is a brief quiz designed to assess student understanding of this topic. Please click on the link below.
Pages 1-2 features a reading exercise on the following topics:
- Organization of the periodic table (periods, rows)
- How elements change moving horizontally across the periodic table
- How elements in the same group are similar (valence/outer energy level electrons
- Location of metals, nonmetals, and metalloids
- General properties of metals (shiny, hard, dense, strong, malleable, ductile, etc.)
- Group 1: Alkali Metals
- Group 2: Alkaline Earth Metals
- Groups 3-12: Transition Metals
- General properties of nonmetals (dull, soft, low density, weak, brittle, etc.)
- Group 17: Halogens
- Group 18: Noble Gases
- General properties of metalloids (varying degrees of metallic and nonmetallic properties)
Pages 3-4 features 16 review questions that test student understanding in the form of short answer questions and summary tables that cover all of the main concepts found in the reading.
Pages 5-6 is a full color-coded answer key for all review questions.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This worksheet comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable WORD document.
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting. No surprises!
Relevant NGSS Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS - MS-PS1.A
Physical Science - Matter and its Interactions - Structure and Properties of Matter
You Might Also Like the Following Unit Resources:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.