Also included in
- SAVE OVER 25%!Bundle Overview:This unit bundle contains all resources needed for a typical middle school physics unit on thermal energy, heat, and temperature.The bundle contains a unit PPT and corresponding student summary notes, worksheets, lab activities, formative quizzes, review exercises, a PP$42.00$56.50Save $14.50
A 6-page worksheet that covers heat transfer by conduction, convection, and radiation through a 2-page reading and 10 review questions.
Pages 1-2 features a reading exercise on temperature, thermal energy, and the three main methods of heat transfer, including the following topics:
- What is temperature?
- What is thermal energy?
- What is heat?
- Thermal equilibrium
- Thermal conductors vs. thermal insulators
- Thermal expansion vs. thermal contraction
- Convection currents
- Thermal radiation
- Absorption and emission of thermal radiation (dark vs. light-colored materials)
Page 3-4 contains 10 review questions that test student understanding in the form of fill-in-the-blanks, tables, and short answer that cover all concepts found in the reading.
Page 5-6 is a full answer key for the review questions.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This worksheet comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable WORD document
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant CC Standard(s) and/or NGSS Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS - MS-PS3.A
Physical Science – Energy – Definitions of Energy
NGSS - MS-PS3.B
Physical Science – Energy – Conservation of Energy and Energy Transfer
You Might Also Like:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.