Also included in
- A comprehensive 10 worksheet bundle that covers basic and advanced concepts in taxonomy and classification for an upper middle school or lower high school biology course. Topics include: Linnaean classification, species, cladistics, cladograms, archaea and bacteria, viruses, protists, fungi, plants,$25.00$35.00Save $10.00
An 11-page reading and worksheet that covers two major topics: (1) chordates and their features and (2) the taxonomy of vertebrates, which includes their general characteristics, structure and function, unique adaptations, and 5 major groups.
Page 1-7: Reading Exercise
- Review of the 3 domain system of classification
- Animals: An Introduction
- 2 major categories of animals (invertebrates, chordates)
- Introduction to chordates
- Taxonomy of chordates (including cladogram)
- Invertebrate chordates (tunicates, lancelets)
- Introduction to vertebrates
- Adaptations of vertebrates
- The 5 major groups of vertebrates
- 3-page summary table of all 5 major vertebrate groups and key classes with names, examples, and descriptions:
- Jawless fish
- Cartilaginous fishes
- Bony fishes (including ray-finned fishes, lobe-finned fishes, and lungfishes)
- Amphibians (including frogs, salamanders, and caecilians)
- Reptiles (including turtles, lizards and snakes, and crocodilians)
- Mammals (including monotremes, marsupials, and placental mammals)
Pages 8-9 - Review Questions:
- Review exercises that cover the major concepts found in the reading section.
- Include short answer, summary charts, and concept application questions
Pages 10-11 - Answer Key:
- Color-coded answer key for all review questions
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This worksheet comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable PPT document
- Download the detailed preview to get a glimpse of what you are purchasing!
Relevant NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS – MS / HS-LS1.A
- Life Science – From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes - Structure and Function
NGSS – MS / HS-LS5.A
- Life Science – Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity - Evidence of Common Ancestry and Diversity
NGSS – MS / HS-LS5.C
- Life Science – Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity - Adaptations
You Might Also Like the Following Taxonomy Products:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.