This condensed 3-page worksheet product is designed to introduce middle school and lower high school biology students to the topic of the 6 essential nutrients. Topics covered by the 1-page reading include: why we need to eat, what is a nutrient, carbohydrates, fats or lipids, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. A 1-page review page follows, featuring short answer questions and a summary table. Finally, a 1-page color-coded answer key is included.
Page 1 - Reading Exercise:
- Why we need to eat food
- What is a nutrient
- Fiber (technically not a nutrient, but important for body health)
Page 2 - Review Exercise:
- Review exercise that asks students to give reasons why need to eat and then fill in a detailed summary table that reviews the role of each nutrient and lists important food sources of each particular nutrient.
Page 3 - Answer Key
- Color-coded answer key that can be used by the teacher alone, displayed to students on a screen/interactive white board, or handed out to students who have completed the document.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This worksheet comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable WORD document
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant CC Standard(s) and/or NGSS Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS - MS-LS1-7
Life Science – From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
You Might Also Like the Following Unit Resources:
BUNDLE - Digestive System Mini Unit (In Development)
Study Sheet - Digestive System
Worksheet - What is the Digestive System
Worksheet - What is Digestion
Quiz - Nutrition
Quiz - Digestive System
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.