A 3-page worksheet that covers the nature of friction through a 1-page reading and 6 review questions.
Page 1 features a short reading exercise on friction, including the following topics:
- What is friction?
- How friction affects the motion of an object
- How does friction develop, even between seemingly smooth surfaces (microwelds)
- The 2 factors that affect friction
- The 4 main types of friction (static, sliding, rolling, and fluid friction)
- Air resistance
- Terminal velocity
Page 2 contains 6 review questions in the form of fill-in-the-blanks, summary charts, and short answer that cover all concepts found within the reading.
Page 3 is a full colored answer key for the 6 review questions.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This worksheet comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable WORD document
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant CC Standard(s) and/or NGSS Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS - MS-PS2.A
Physical Science – Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
You Might Also Like:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.