World Changers - Inquiry Project Based Learning for Middle & High School
Want to give Inquiry and Project-Based Learning a try? This project is tried and tested in my classroom, and allows students choice over who they learn about.
This focuses on the skills of:
- Creating a research question
- Identifying reliable non-fiction sources of information
- Keeping track of sources of information
- Taking effective notes (cornell style)
- Creating an original text to demonstrate learning
- Presenting learning to a small group.
Students work through the inquiry process to research the life of someone who has changed our world. They must access at least 5 valid sources of information, and take 5 pages of notes from those sources. Then, they will turn their learning into a product that shares what they learned. After all this, I usually have my students present their learning and product in front of a small group.
Click here to visit my store!