World Cup Quiz - 100 Things You Should Know About the World Cup
(And maybe a few you shouldn't!)
This quiz covers questions ranging from easy - which anyone who is remotely interested in the World Cup would be able to answer - to hard (but not impossible!)
Currently occupied in producing a wide spectrum of World Cup materials for schools both at home (U.K.) and further afield (I write for schools all over the world), this is the first of my 'offerings' - to be followed by many more, including plays, assemblies, guided reading scripts etc.
I Quirky Facts
1. Who used to practice with a slipper on his right foot and why? (Bobby Charlton. He did this to encourage his weaker left foot to shoot, which is why he was great at shooting with both feet!)
2. Where was the original world cup trophy kept during the Second World War? (In a shoe box under the bed of Dr. Ottorino Barassi, the vice president of the Italian Football Association)
II 2014 World Cup
1. How often is the World Cup held? (Once every four years)
2. Where is the 2014 World Cup being held? (Brazil)
1. When was the first World Cup held? (1930)
2. Where was it held? (Uruguay)
1. What country has made the most appearances - the only country to have appeared in every World Cup? (Brazil)
2. How many appearances has this country made? (18)
1. Who said "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - said to be the greatest football saying in 2006? (Bill Shankly, Liverpool coach)
2. Who said " Some people tell me that we professional players are like soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence."? (Bobby Charlton)
This quiz is part of a World Cup package available off www.plays-r-ussell.com The collection consists of the following scripts:
â€¢ Quiz: One Hundred Things You Should Know About The World Cup (and maybe some you shouldn't!)
â€¢ World Cup: What it takes to be a Winner guided reading scripts based on P.R.I.D.E. (Positive Mental Attitude, Respect, Intelligent Choices, Dreams and Goals, and Effort and Education)
â€¢ World Cup Assembly - one referee taking on 32 entrants for this year's championship in Brazil!
â€¢ World Cup Leavers' Assembly - with a truly undisciplined set of teachers! (Participation of real staff encouraged!)
â€¢ World Cup Mini Assembly. 5 -10 minutes duration featuring 8 past winners.