World Drumming: Egypt takes students on a journey to the continent of Africa using finger cymbals, hand drums, maps and assessment in a fun SMARTboard way! Learn four different Egyptian rhythms and use the rubric to assess the learning.
PLEASE CHECK OUT the PREVIEW to see all the pages attached.
The enclosed maps show Egypt in various time periods and its relationship in Africa.
Here is a guideline for the included musical pages:
1. Echo speak the rhythms using the spoken syllables.
2. Transfer the syllables to a doumbek or any hand drum. Make sure to match hand drumming techniques. You can adjust the tempo.
3. Select a few students to use finger cymbals to add to drums.
4. The Music Notation page has the ethno-music notation and syllables with the music notation. Touch those and they will fade away to leave the musical notation.
5. After students have spent time learning rhythms, use the Rhythm Spinner and Dynamics Spinner as assessment tools. The attached rubric can be modified for your needs. Students can spin each and have to play what they spin. Students love this!
Another product from Mark Britt Music Resources.