Also included in
- This 3rd Grade Social Studies Curriculum Bundle comes with EVERY lesson and activity needed to teach the third-grade social Studies Virginia SOLs! Detailed lesson plans, worksheets, sorts and foldables, passages and questions, map activities, virtual field trips, digital activities, assessments, and$99.00$154.00Save $55.00
World Geography Unit is a hands-on unit that combines social studies and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach about the continents and important geographical features can be found here! Whether teaching in-person or remotely, this unit provides a variety of activities to teach about world geography.
To take a closer look at this unit, be sure to check out the product preview at the top of the page!
What will I find in this unit?
This World Geography Unit includes 7 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate—
- Africa (Nile River, Atlas Mountains, Sahara Desert)
- Asia (Huang He River, Himalaya Mountains, Gobi Desert)
- Europe (Mediterranean Sea, Alps Mountains, Italian Peninsula)
- North America (Mississippi River, Rio Grande, Rocky Mountains, Appalachian Mountains, Great Lakes)
- South America (Amazon River, Amazon Rainforest, Andes Mountains)
This World Geography Unit also comes with:
- 23 Worksheets
- 5 Close Reading Passages and Comprehension Questions
- 6 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 1 Foldable
- Word Wall Cards
- Final Test
- Timeline of Suggested Activities: The timeline of suggested activities includes a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in world geography as they complete hands-on projects and take virtual field trips!
Are digital resources included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, and the test within this World Geography Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student's completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This unit is aligned with the third-grade social studies SOL 3.6.
While the unit is specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs, it also closely matches most world geography standards.
This unit is included in my 3rd Grade Social Studies Curriculum bundle for a discounted price.
Don't miss out!
Bring world geography to life in your classroom with these fun lesson plans and activities! Students will master the standards as they become fully immersed in learning about the continents and geographical features through virtual field trips, hands-on and digital activities, and research projects.
The following resource is included in this unit:
You may also be interested in:
Follow my TpT store to learn about the newest resources and freebies!
Feedback helps me to create great products for you to use in your classroom. Please consider leaving detailed feedback about how this resource worked in your classroom. Each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits that can be redeemed for free and discounted resources on TpT in the future.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).