This activity is a perfect ice breaker or pre-assessment for any world history course. The objective is for the students to sort the events and place them in chronological order, using their prior knowledge.
1. Split the students into groups, teams, or have them individually complete the task
2. Give each group a set of cards
3. Students will sort the events into the order they believe they go
4. Students can share and discuss
5. Reveal the correct order, by reviewing the PowerPoint, and discussing the events