This is based off of McDougal Littell's World History: Patterns of Interaction.
I teach using history using an interactive notebook (supporting documents sold separately) so I try as much as I can to differentiate my instruction. This allows students to be super organized and the class is consistent- we all have the same notebook with the same work in the same order: it allows us all to remain on the same page and teaches students all the different things they can do with the information presented to them. I do a little bit of direct teaching (lecturing) and incorporate all of my activities, discussion questions, and assignment directions in one file so that I don't get confused.
YOU CAN STILL USE THE FILES EVEN IF YOU DONT DO THE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK- JUST DELETE THOSE SMALL TEXT BOXES FROM THE FILES.
This zip includes:
1. PowerPoint presentation that explains the five major world religions....106 SLIDES OF DETAILED NOTES ON EACH RELIGION
2. Vocabulary assignment directions: how to use SIOP strategies to enhance comprehension.
3. Rise of Islam guided questions
4. QUESTION SHEET OF EACH MAJOR RELIGION THAT IS DIRECTLY BASED OFF OF THE POWERPOINT
5. Islam expands guided questions
6. Christianity spreads through the empire questions
7. Budda-RA Reading