THE ENTIRE YEAR HAS BEEN UPDATED AND NOW EMBEDDED WITH LINKS TO VIDEO, AUDIO, AND DOCUMENTS RIGHT IN THE LESSONS. Enjoy more than 130 lesson plans and activities for a year of World History from 1300 to Present Day. Lesson plans include documents, teacher notes, student activities, and strategies to involve students in a global survey of modern world history.
TWELVE units of study that explore the changes in world history.
SEMESTER I TOPICS INCLUDE
1. RISE OF EUROPE
2. ABSOLUTE MONARCHY
3. POLITICAL REVOLUTIONS
4. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTIONS
5. IMPERIALISM AND COLONIALISM
6. INTERNATIONAL CONFLICT AND THE GREAT WAR.
SEMESTER TWO Topics include:
1. REVOLUTIONS AND NATIONALISM: Soviet Revolution, Chinese Civil War, Rise of nationalism
2. YEARS OF CRISIS: The inter-war years, rise of fascism.
3. WORLD WAR II
4. THE BIPOLAR WORLD POST
5.DEVELOPING THE MODERN WORLD
6. MODERN ISSUES AND PROBLEMS.
Lessons include teacher instructions, documents, and materials.