"One kind word makes the coldest weather warm,
but cruel speech injures as frost in July."
November 13th each year is World Kindness Day.
We've all heard stories about kind gestures ... your arms are full with packages, books, etc. and someone holds a door open for you.
* Someone pays for the coffee or meal of the car behind them in the drive-thru.
* Someone puts money in an expired parking meter so the person won’t get a ticket.
* Someone lets you ahead of them in line at the supermarket since you only have one item.
The kindness movement was started in 1982 by Anne Herbert, who coined the phrase “Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty.”
In times like these, when negativity is usually in the headlines, kind gestures - even in very small ways - help make our world a better place.
For November 13th, I have students write a Thank You letter to a teacher expressing their appreciation of that teacher and their class.
♥ A project instruction sheet outlining what to put in the first draft
♥ An overhead with plenty of synonyms for 'fun' - a word that tends to get over-used
♥ Special stationery for the final draft
Please Note ~ If November 13th has come and gone, this project can be adapted for Thanksgiving as well or used at the end of the school year.
Everything here is classroom-ready - just print 'n go - for an engaging, change-of-pace activity. (5 pages)
* SPECIAL NOTE *
Did you know that there are actual health benefits to being kind ?
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Merci.
♥ .. Several of my products are FREE. Please click HERE
to see which products are currently available for free. ..♥
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you're looking for more ready-to-use resources, you may be interested in some other items in my store.
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For French ~ In The Know
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For French ~ Can we talk - French ?
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For French ~ Un Abécédaire
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For French ~ Regardez bien !
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For French ~ Le savez-vous ?
* Single Sub * Plan 6 For French ~ Nous, on parle français !
* Single Sub * Plan 7 For French ~ Les Numéros
* Single Sub * Plan 8 For French ~ Measuring Metric
* Single Sub * Plan 9 For French ~ Quel temps fait-il ?
* Single Sub * Plan 10 For French ~ Les jours de la semaine
* Single Sub * Plan 11 For French ~ 40 Fascinating Facts
* Single Sub * Plan 12 For French ~ European Cities From A To Z
* Single Sub Plan ~ César Ritz ~ Founder of the Ritz Hotels .. Viewable online ~ link is provided ..
Prefer a savings ?
* French Crossword Puzzle Bundle .. Easy way to review & reinforce new vocabulary ..
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 1 .. A nice glimpse into another French-speaking country ..
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 2 .. More glimpses of this multilingual country ..
* Swiss Cities Bundle .. These travel videos are viewable online, links are provided ~ here's a scenic mountain country where people also speak French ..
Or why not create your own special bundle ?
* Wish * List Bundle .. Pay just $17 for $30 worth of resources ~ you choose what you want from your Wish List ..
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For French .. 10 activities for 10 days to ease your students back into French ..
* The Color * Game For French Class .. Attention ! This can get pretty exciting ! ..
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* Nuage de Mots ~ Word Cloud Activity * Pac For French .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital E ! ..
* Tissue * Box Project For French Class .. A good back-to-school review project. ..
* Mon Classeur ~ Setting Up A French Notebook .. It's free ..
* Open House ~ Sign-In Sheet for French Class .. It's free ..
* Fiche d'info ~ Student Information Sheet .. It's free ..
* French Names On Hands Display .. Impressive for 'Open House' or 'Back-to-School Night' ..
* French Cognates .. Easy & engaging activities exposing students to
over 90 cognates ~ nice for beginning students ..
Customs & Life in France
* French Baby * Names .. It's free ~ Most students like the cachet of having a special French
name for French class ~ here are some easy-to-use, A to Z lists for them to choose from ..
* French Halloween ~ Word Search ~ C'est l'Halloween .. It's free ..
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For French .. Nice for La Toussaint + Le Cimitière du Père Lachaise. ..
.. Among them Charles DeGaulle, Maurice Chevalier, Agatha Christie - creator of Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, Captain von Trapp ..
* Messages de Cupidon .. Good practice for AP French students correcting Cupid's mistakes ..
* Une Lettre d'Amour ~ A Love Letter From Napoléon .. Sympa pour le jour de la St.-Valentin ..
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For French .. Perfect for La Fête des Mères en mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For French 1 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Final * Exam For French 2 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Loto * Pac For French .. Review more than just numbers with Bingo - a fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* The Food * Pac For French Class .. Avec un projet pour une pyramide alimentaire ..
* Crossword Puzzle * Pac For French .. Perfect homework assignment to reinforce new vocabulary. ..
* Battleship * Pac For French .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* Monster * Project For French Class .. Easy review of body parts ..
.. Easy for French 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For French Class .. Nice way to end the year ..
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For French .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP French students. ..
.. Nice for after the AP French Exam or for upper level students. ..
* Switzerland * 26 Fun Facts .. A fun introduction to another French-speaking country ..
* Switzerland * Webquest .. Makes a good sub plan, too ..
* La Famille ~ French Family Unit Activities .. With a celebrity family tree ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Feature * Film ~ Les Misérables .. You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end. ..
* Burt Wolf ~ Ticino, Switzerland .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links are provided ..
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. A child prodigy not only on the piano … but what do
you do when your child is smarter than you are ? ..
* Feature * Film ~ Mona Lisa Is Missing .. She went missing from the Louvre for two whole years.
Where was she ? Who took her ? This documentary explains it ..
* Burt Wolf ~ Geneva Switzerland .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links are provided ..
* Burt * Wolf ~ Southwestern France .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Feature * Film ~ The Count of Monte Cristo ~ Le Comte de Monte-Cristo .. With Jim Caviezel ..
* Feature * Film ~ Le Comte de Monte-Cristo .. Avec Gérard Depardieu ..
* Maman, j'ai raté l'avion ~ Home Alone .. Fun to watch in French ..
* Feature * Film ~ La Vie en rose .. Édith Piaf bio-pic ..
* Feature * Film ~ The Hundred-Foot Journey .. Perfect for a food unit ..
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac ~ Grammar Review .. Review of grammar basics ..
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac .. For French, German, Italian & Spanish ..
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game .. Perfect fun activity in February for your French Club. ..
* Eponym Activity .. Works well as a sub plan, too ..
* Letter of Appreciation to Parents .. It's free. ..
* Permission To Watch Movie Form .. It's free. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn TpT credits to be used towards future
purchases each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just click the PROVIDE FEEDBACK button next to your purchase, both give a
rating & make a short comment so you receive a TpT credit.
Want something special for a special teacher ?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *