Use this World Language Immersion Experience with Cell Phones activity to guide students through the immersion process and direct their attention to the resulting skills that will be developed during their time in your classroom. With a Scriptural connection to the Pentecost, set the tone in your classroom for a school year that will have as its focus the development of intercultural awareness as an important part of discipleship.
1. World Language Immersion with Your Cell Phone (worksheet and accompanying answer key) - For homework, students use their cell phones in the target language and must reflect upon the skills and outcomes of the experience.
2. Developing Skills & Abilities Through Language Immersion (worksheet and accompanying suggested answers) - Students discuss and cite examples of the skills and abilities (from the ACTFL 21st Century Skills Map) were used to successfully complete the previous night's homework.
3. Application Activity (worksheet and accompanying suggested answers) - Students discuss the way in which the skills and abilities (from the previous activity) will relate to changing perspectives as students, global citizens, and as disciples.
4. Scripture Connection (worksheet and accompanying suggested answers and conversation points) - Contextualization of World Language and Culture studies as it relates to the Apostles' experience of the Pentecost and our role as disciples.
5. Think about it (worksheet and accompanying suggested conversation points) - Real-world application of the lesson.
-File is editable.
-For new or veteran teachers
-Applicable in any World Language Classroom - Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish and more!