Explore 23 different countries with over 200 pages of activities: Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt, Spain, Ireland, Italy, England, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, Korea, The Philippines, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, USA, Peru, Australia, and New Zealand
Start the journey off with a passport book and collect stamps from countries as you learn about them. Each country comes with:
- Colored fact page
- Journal printable
- Foldable emergent reader
- Comprehension page
- Passport Stamps
This unit also includes writing and literacy activities teaching about peace and acceptance of other peoples differences. There are also math activities including different forms of transportation. All activities are aligned with Kindergarten Common Core Standards
Additional Social Studies Activities:
- Use characters of children from around the world to teach your class about 23 different countries.
- Character Cards
- Exploring the world book pages for the seven continents and five oceans.
- Me on the Map Flip Book
- Create three class books after reading popular stories. (Three separate journal pages and three separate class book covers included.)
- Create a book about where you would like to travel.
- Personal narrative: Create a personal narrative writing piece about your culture. Includes anchor charts, graphic organizer and publishing page.
- Opinion: Which is the most interesting country? Includes an anchor chart, sentence starters, a graphic organizer, and a publishing page.
- Informative Writing: Create an informative writing piece about a country that you learned about. Includes an anchor chart, sentence starters, a graphic organizer, and a publishing page.
- Sight Word Book
- Emergent Reader
- Write the Room
- Counting Syllables
- Syllable Clip Cards
- 3 Building Sentences
- Word Search
- Sort and Graph (B&W and Color Versions)
- Class Graph
- Travel Patterns (2 activities)
- Skip Counting (3 activities)
- Measurement Activity
- Subtraction Write the Room
- Secret Code
I hope your class has fun exploring the world!
*Please Note: This unit was designed to be used in the classroom, however some materials may be able to be used for virtual learning. The files are individual PDF files in a zip folder.