This item is a comprehensive
CURRICULAR UNIT about World War I that integrates reading and literacy
. There are 5 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes 5-8 weeks of materials, depending on if you choose to assign some of the activities as homework.
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM.
This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
This unit offers a savings of over 40% versus buying the resources individually.
THIS WW1 UNIT WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN MY US HISTORY CURRICULUM. THIS WW1 UNIT WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY WORLD HISTORY CURRICULUM. I WILL BE CREATING A DIFFERENT WW1 UNIT FOR MY US HISTORY CURRICULUM.
The five lessons included in this unit bundle are:
♦Treaty of Versailles
♦New Technologies & Weapons of WWI
♦Causes of WWI
♦Major Battles and Events of WWI
If you have purchased any of the above NO Prep lessons, you have the above lessons, but you do NOT have the supplemental activities (listed below):
This unit includes
• 5 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 5 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 5 informational reading passages about WWI
• 20 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 5 quizzes
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quizzes
PLUS THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
• 5 graphic organizers
• 6 interactive notebook foldables
• 5 Primary Source Analysis Pack
• 40 vocabulary cards
• Simulation- Western Front: A Soldier's Life
• study guide
• editable unit test with answer key
• teacher's guide with 2 suggested pacing maps
Specific reading skills in this unit are
: series of events, cause-effect relationships, central idea, key details, summarization, cite text evidence, integrate multiple sources of information, & meaning of words/phrases using context clues.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 5 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents. I have also included a RAFT task that culminates the simulation. RAFT stands for role, audience, format, and task. It helps give students an authentic writing scenario.
If you have purchased any of my NO PREP WWI lessons, please email me if you are unsure of what additional materials this unit includes.
++++++++++COMPLETE WORLD HISTORY CURRICULA Available
♦World War 1
♦World War 2
++++++++++COMPLETE US HISTORY CURRICULA Available
Yearlong US History Curriculum
♦US Civil War & Reconstruction
♦Roaring '20s & Great Depression
==========No Prep Complete Lessons US History Available
♦American Revolution Unit Bundle
→Causes of the American Revolution
→Battles & Events of the American Revolution
→Declaration of Independence
→France's Role in the American Revolution
→Key People of the American Revolution VOL.1
→Key People of the American Revolution VOL.2
→Impacts of the American Revolution
♦American Civil War Unit Bundle
→Causes of the US Civil War
→Major Battles of the US Civil War
→The North & South US Civil War
→Abraham Lincoln US Civil War
→Key People of the US Civil War
♦Reconstruction Unit Bundle
→Political Impacts of Reconstruction
→Economic Impacts of Reconstruction
→Social Impacts of Reconstruction
♦Roaring '20s & the Great Depression Unit Bundle
→Post WW1 Issues
→Economic Boom of the 1920s
→Culture of the '20s & '30s
→Causes of the Great Depression
→Life During the Great Depression
→The New Deal
==========No Prep Complete Lessons World History Available
♦World War I Unit Bundle
→Treaty of Versailles
→New Technologies & Weapons of WWI
→Causes of WWI
→Major Battles and Events of WWI
♦World War II Unit Bundle
→Causes of WWII
→Major European Battles of WWII
→Major Pacific Battles of WWII
→Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party
→The Manhattan Project
→Aftermath of WWII
♦Cold War Unit Bundle COMING SOON
Heather LeBlanc, LLC