This bundle of World War I: newspaper activities
covers 33 events of World War I with 4 yearly newspaper projects. Students get the scoop on major events with informational text provided. Students create op-eds, articles, political cartoons and more. Give student groups one year at a time or have each group complete a newspaper for different years of World War I.
Included in this money saving bundle:
- World War I: 1914
- World War I: 1915 (Not available elsewhere in the store)
- World War I: 1916 (Not available elsewhere in the store)
- World War I: 1917-18
Included in this set:
-30+ Pages of Informational Text, including some primary sources, for students on 33 topics related to World War I
- Teacher directions
- Ready-to-use activity directions for students
After newspapers are complete students can take notes using the World War I: Interactive Notebooks
This activity is a valuable addition to your study of World War I
. Use along with other activities, simulations, and projects.
Two ways to use:
- Introduction: students read the provided information and write articles in a short time. Students work together to form the first page or two of a newspaper on their topics.
- In-depth: students read the provided information on industrial revolution related topics. Student groups work together to divide up topics and ideas and conduct additional research. Students write investigative articles on the topics.
- OPTIONAL: for either option, consider a gallery walk at the end in which students visit each other's newspapers to learn about the different topics and to analyze major events and people related to the era.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips and resources for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.