Turn your classroom into an interactive museum with this station activity!
Students explore different aspects of World War One through 7 QR stations located around the classroom. This activity has worked exceptionally well and resulted in a high level of student engagement. Most importantly, it has helped students understand the human reality of the Great War.
- Very clear teacher instructions. (eg. pictures on how to organize your classroom and instructions on how to change QR codes).
- 7 truly interactive QR stations. At each station students scan a QR code with their phone. This takes them to a video clip about a particular theme or event from the war. Students also evaluate two deeper thinking questions at each stations, not just simple knowledge questions.
- The product is editable! Instructions on how to modify or change things included!
- 3 of the 7 stations are VR 360! Google cardboard headsets help, but are not essential to the activity. Students may simply hold their phone in front of themselves and move around.
Topics at the 7 Stations:
- Life in the Trenches
- Flying a plane!
- The view from inside a tank!
- Shell Shock
- The Christmas Truce of 1914
Interested in more World War One products? Check out the resources from the link below:
More World War One Resources!