World War 1 through World War 2 History – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook (after matching definitions with pictures, definitions may be secured to interactive notebook and edge of matching picture can be secured on top of it so it may be flipped up for study purposes). Students can also complete the activities during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (suffrage, dictator, Allies, and Axis).
• The U.S. in the early 1900’s, working conditions, and labor unions.
• World War 1
• Women’s suffrage
• The “Roaring Twenties”
• Black Tuesday and the Great Depression
• FDR and the New Deal
• World War 2
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are New Deal, Dust Bowl, suffrage, labor union, Great Depression, Roaring Twenties, Franklin Roosevelt, World War 2, World War 1, and the stock market crash.
• Activity two has students identifying chronological events through a matching activity on a timeline. Events include World War 1, women’s right to vote, Roaring Twenties, stock market crash, Great Depression, FDR/New Deal, and World War 2