Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
A great way to increase student interest and also develop important researching skills. Students are divided up into groups and each group is given a statement about the war. Their task is to investigate the statement to determine whether it is fact or fiction!
- Prior to gas masks, soldiers would urinate on a rag and put it on their face to protect themselves during a gas attack.
Students will research the statement and must find both a primary and secondary source to that proves the statement to be either fact or fiction (research template provided). They then make a brief informal presentation to their classmates (tracking sheet provided).
Here's what's included:
- A nicely designed, engaging and editable product.
- Very clear student instructions and teacher tips!
- Intro and seating plan.
- Clear rubric.
- Researching tips and links to a video explaining primary and secondary sources.
- 8 investigative statements: Cousins at war, Christmas Truce, Carrier Pigeons, Youngest British Soldier, Rum and Courage etc.
- Printable student research template and tracking sheet.
- Debrief class questions.
- At the end a link to a comical video about the Christmas Truce of 1914!