This item is a comprehensive
CURRICULAR UNIT about World War II that integrates reading and literacy
.There are 7 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes 5-8 weeks of materials, depending on if you choose to assign some of the activities as homework. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
I WILL BE ADDING THE STATIONS AND THE SIMULATION BY THE END OF DECEMBER, MOST LIKELY BY MID-DECEMBER
The 7 lessons included in this unit bundle are:
♦Causes of WW2
♦Hitler & the Rise of Nazism
♦Major European Battles
♦Major Pacific Battles
♦Aftermath of WW2
If you have purchased any of the following NO Prep lessons, you have the above lessons, but you do NOT have the supplemental activities (listed below):
♦Causes of WWII
♦Major European Battles of WWII
♦Major Pacific Battles of WWII
♦Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party
♦The Manhattan Project
♦Aftermath of WWII
This unit includes
• 7 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 7 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations
• 7 informational reading passages about WWII
• 28 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) per lesson. Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 7 quizzes
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quizzes
PLUS THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
• 7 graphic organizers
• 14 interactive notebook foldables
• 7 primary source analysis
• 80 vocabulary cards
• 7 stations (COMING SOON)
• simulation (COMING SOON)
• study guide
• editable unit test with answer key
• teacher's guide with suggested pacing map
Specific reading skills in this unit are
: series of events, cause-effect relationships, central idea, key details, summarization, cite text evidence, integrate multiple sources of information, author's purpose & text structure, & meaning of words/phrases using context clues.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 7 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents. I have also included a RAFT task that culminates the simulation. RAFT stands for role, audience, format, and task. It helps give students an authentic writing scenario.
If you have purchased any of my NO PREP WWII lessons, please email me if you are unsure of what additional materials this unit includes.
Looking for a complete curriculum unit for WW1?
♦World War 1 Complete Curriculum
Looking for short, NO PREP lessons about World War 1 or the Cold War?
♦World War 1 Unit Bundle
→Treaty of Versailles
→New Technologies & Weapons of WWI
→Causes of WWI
→Major Battles and Events of WWI
♦Cold War Unit Bundle COMING SOON
I WILL BE CREATING CURRICULAR UNITS FOR ADDITIONAL WORLD HISTORY & US HISTORY TOPICS! BE SURE TO FOLLOW MY STORE SO YOU ARE NOTIFIED OF WHEN THESE CURRICULA ARE RELEASED!
Heather LeBlanc, LLC