This creative Rise of Dictators lesson plan for WW2 has students creating pop up figures of dictators who came to power in the 1920's and 30's. This includes Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Francisco Franco, Benito Mussolini, and Hideki Tojo.
An engaging PowerPoint covers the essential information students need to know about each dictator. The PowerPoint has a warm up, quotes, wonderful pictures, and engaging content & notes to keep your students focused on your lesson.
Included in in the download are:
- Two options for printable pop-ups of the 5 dictators who rose to power
- Graphic organizer map of the world with spaces for notes about each person
- PowerPoint on each dictator, their philosophy/party, rise to power, & actions
- Google Slides version of the PowerPoint
- New fully narrated "flipped classroom" video version of the presentation
- Mapping activity on Europe before WW2
- Warm up, exit ticket, suggested video, lesson plan directions, and more!
This lesson is amazing for your visual and hands-on learners as they are creating a fantastic visual representation of dictators literally rising up out of their notebooks!
You can also download the sister resource to this one, the Allied Leaders of World War 2 Pop Up Figures Lesson Plan! For BOTH of these activities and many more resources for covering World War II take a look at my Complete World War II Unit Bundle!
You can find more Pop-Up figure lesson plans here for both World and US History!
Thanks so much for checking it out!
Please "Like" my page on Facebook for updates, giveaways, links and more! Thanks!