(WORLD WAR ONE UNIT: Lesson #1 out of 3)
10 slide Powerpoint that covers:
- The M.A.I.N. (militarism, alliances, imperialism, nationalism) underlying causes that lead to war between the powers of Europe
- An in depth focus on the situation known as the powder keg of Europe and the assassination of the archduke Ferdinand
- The effects of the alliance system in transforming an Austria-Serbian war into a World War
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- A colorful map illustrating the prewar European alliances in 1914
- A blank map for students to identify major combatant nations and regions of prewar conflict
- Numerous cartoons, charts and graphics to aide in student comprehension & retention
- 2 "Check for Understanding" (ongoing assessment) slides utilizing questions from actual past Regents Exams
- 2 guided (scaffolded with terms) long answer questions aligned to Task 1 of various Thematic essays on World War I
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
PLEASE Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings, activities, and assessments that I use with my classes attached. All support materials match up with the ppt. presentation to provide depth to your lessons!
***All materials designed for the Global III course of the New York State High School curriculum***