Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This is a unit over World War I & Postwar America that was planned with the Georgia Performance Standards in mind while creating it. The standard reads:
SS5H4 The student will describe U.S. involvement in World War I and post-World
War I America.
a. Explain how German attacks on U.S. shipping during the war in Europe (1914-1917) ultimately led the U.S. to join the fight against Germany; include the sinking of the Lusitania and concerns over safety of U.S. ships, U.S. contributions to the war, and the impact of the Treaty of Versailles in 1919.
b. Describe the cultural developments and individual contributions in the 1920s of the Jazz Age (Louis Armstrong), the Harlem Renaissance (Langston Hughes), baseball (Babe Ruth), the automobile (Henry Ford), and the airplane (Charles Lindbergh).
The listing includes the following instructional items:
- A PowerPoint including information on the World War I and Postwar America elements.
- Notes pages that allow students to follow along and fill in the blanks of important sections of their notes. Vocabulary matching is included on the notes pages.
- Two vocabulary matching activity that allows students to cut out cards and match terms to their definitions.
- A class "I have, who has" game that allows students to review important concepts of World War I and Postwar America
- A study guide for review
- World War I and Postwar America assessment
- World War I and Postwar America modified assessment (for lower and special needs learners)
NOTE: If you would like to edit the presentations, products, or tests in any way – PLEASE feel free. I am satisfied with my product AS IS, but realize others may wish to make edits.
Other (copyrighted - sorry!) instructional items were used in addition to the teaching and assessing of my own students, but these items were a huge part of my World War I & Postwar America instruction for me.
Those instructional items include:
Carole Marsh 5th Grade Social Studies Workbook, located at:
Georgia Test Prep CRCT for 5th Grade, located at:
I have included the files as word documents, so please feel free to edit them to your needs/teaching.
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions!