This is a digital/distance learning lesson pack that is designed to be used in unison with Google Classroom/Google Apps for Education. Distance learning can be hard, especially when discussing complex topics in a History class. The goal of this lesson pack is to grab student’s attention and have them consuming content without realizing they’re working. All while you have something you can rely on to give students a comprehensive overview of the topic without having to do too much leg work! Digital learning can make students think critically, analyze historical information, and enjoy history from a different perspective! You will find the contents of this lesson pack on “The Great War” below:
Content Area Knowledge
- Specific Academic Vocabulary
- “The Web of Alliances” that led to World War 1.
- Queen Victoria’s grandchildren and their influence on the war.
- Nationalist Movements and the Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
- Chronological Thinking
- Historical Comprehension
- Historical Analysis and Interpretation
- Historical Research Skills
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Critical Thinking Skills
- “The Road to WWI” EdPuzzle
- “The Road to WWI” Quizlet Flashcard Set
- “The Road to WWI” Vocabulary Activity
- “The Grandmother of Europe” Notes, Primary Source Footage, and EdPuzzle
- “A Web of Alliances” Notes and Graphic Organizer
- Franz Ferdinand Notes
- Nationalist Movement Research Activity
*This product is part of a larger Unit on World War I.