(WORLD WAR ONE UNIT: Lesson #2 out of 3)
This 10 slide power point covers:
- The major European alliances at the outset of World War I
- The new industrialized military technology employed by both sides and how this results in the development off trench warfare
- How governments in Europe increase political and economic control over society in order to wage total war
- The eventual stalemate and armistice that end WWI hostilities
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- Maps illustrating World War I alliances and major changes to the map of Europe due to the Treaty of Versailles
- Photographs to illustrate the modern military technologies that changed the way wars are fought
- Examples of actual World War propaganda from both sides (British & German) to help students identify points of view and main ideas
- 2 "Check for Understanding" (ongoing assessment) slides utilizing questions from actual past Regents Exams
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
PLEASE Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings, activities, and assessments that I use with my classes attached. All support materials match up with the ppt. presentation to provide depth to your lessons!
***All materials designed for the Global III course of the New York State High School curriculum***