You can purchase my entire U.S. History course here: U.S. History Complete Course
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 171 slide presentation about the the buildup and fighting in World War I. The presentation outlines the start of the war and then largely follows the conflict from the U.S. perspective. I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to the conflict that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- Three days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - The War Breaks Out in Europe
- this goes over the long term causes of World War I and the assassination of Franz Ferdinand that starts the conflict.
Day 2 - The United States Declares War
- U-boat attacks and the Zimmerman telegram lead the U.S. to declare war on Germany
Day 3 - The end of the War and an Uneasy Peace
- this goes into the weapons and tactics of the war along with U.S. contributions. It ends with the treaty of Versailles and how it sets the stage for World War II.
In addition to the notes you will also get these documents which can be used for assignments, notebook checks, or assessments
- WWI crossword Puzzle key included
- World War I Terms - vocabulary assignment
- Treaty of versailles Reading and questions
- WWI Quiz. The quiz is 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true/false, and 5 definitions and comes with the key included.
- WWI Make-up Quiz - for those students who are not present on quiz day. I don't believe in giving the same exact quiz to students who are absent when the rest of the class takes it.
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes:
Contact and Colonization Bundle
The 13 Colonies Bundle
American Revolution Bundle
George Washington-James Madison Bundle
The Antebellum Period Bundle
The Civil War Bundle
Reconstruction Bundle (FREE)
The West, Immigration, and Invention Bundle
U.S. Imperialism and Progressive Era Bundle
World War I Bundle
1930s Great Depression/New Deal Bundle
World War II Bundle
The Start of the Cold War and 1950s Bundle