PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
TWELVE COMPLETE World War I lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text with engaging hands-on activities + TWENTY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to teach students about causes of World War I, Battles in the Air and at Sea, Trench Warfare, America's entry into the war, World War I Weapons, and the Treaty of Versailles:
Lesson 1: Franz Ferdinand
Lesson 2: The July Crisis-the Beginning of World War I
Lesson 3: Battles of 1914
Lesson 4: Trench Warfare
Lesson 5: Battles of 1915
Lesson 6: Choosing Sides
Lesson 7: America Enters World War I
Lesson 8: World War I in the Air
Lesson 9: World War I at Sea
Lesson 10: World War I Weapons
Lesson 11: Battles of 1918
Lesson 12: The End of World War I
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT:
• World War I nonfiction informational text-all CONTENT included!
• Questions to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• thought-provoking Discussion Group Activity to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Mapping Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions to plot World War I Battles
• World War I Mystery Puzzle utilizing Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Primary and Secondary Source Research Projects
• Expository and Persuasive Writing-we take students through Writing Process!
• Journal Writing utilizing Close Reading and Text Features to increase Comprehension
• Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will then use the World War I Content to complete TWENTY Interactive Notebook Assignments (all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!):
• THREE Vocabulary Foldables
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• TWO Vocabulary Cootie Catchers
• THREE Vocabulary Flaps
• Pocket Time Line: Europe and the United States 1863-1914
• Interactive Venn Diagram Comparing Battles of 1914
• World War I Interactive Expert's Journal featuring 15 WWI Battle Journal Entries
• Interactive Time Line sequencing Battles of 1915
• Pick a Side Foldable to Choose and Defend Opinions
• Find the Fib Interactive Game: William Sowden Sims and John J. Pershing
• The War in the Air Cube Foldable
• The War at Sea Circle Chart and Learning Wheel
World War I, aligned with the 5th-8th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (see Preview for Standard Alignment), can be purchased separately, or as part of our NINE UNIT Common Core-aligned AMERICAN HISTORY ULTIMATE BUNDLE.
We've included a context-appropriate World War I Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for all of the Interactive Notebook and Writing Assignments.
Please Download the Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Alignment, sample Lessons, and World War I Activities.
OUR OTHER COMMON CORE ALIGNED AMERICAN HISTORY UNITS:
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING WORLD WAR I EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.