World War II Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach a unit on WWII can be found in this 2-week unit! Included:
+ 8 Detailed Lesson Plans: Lessons cover topics relating to WWII such as—
- the reasons for WWII
- Pearl Harbor and the reasons why the United States entered WWII
- the countries and leaders that were a part of the Allies and the Axis Powers
- comparing the Allied Powers and the Axis Powers
- changes on the American home front during WWII (economic changes, job creation, rationing)
- the roles different groups played during WWII (women, African Americans, American Indians)
- the treatment of Japanese Americans during WWII
- major events and battles that made up WWII
- the Holocaust
- the atomic bombs dropped on Japan
- how WWII ended and the outcomes of WWII
All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Lesson plans include step-by-step instructions and video links.
+ 9 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
+ 16 Worksheets
+ 5 Entry/Exit Tickets
+ 7 Group Activities
+ 5 Research Activities
+ 1 Sort
+ 13 Timeline Cards
+ Final Test
+ Suggested Timeline for Completing Activities
+ Answer Keys for All Activities
Students will become fully immersed in learning about World War II as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and research past events!
While this unit is specifically aligned with Virginia U.S. History SOLs USII.7 and USII.8a-b, it also closely matches most U.S. History standards.
The following product is included in this unit:
World War II Close Passages and Questions
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student's completed version of the slides.
If you like this product, please follow my store by clicking the green ‘follow me’ at the top of my store page. This will keep you up to date with the latest sales and freebies in my store! Also, please remember to leave feedback for this product. Not only does it help me ensure you are getting the highest quality products, but it also earns you points that can be redeemed for free and discounted products on TpT!
You may also be interested in:
World War II Task Cards
The Late 19th Century to WWI Unit
Reconstruction & Life After Unit
U.S. History Part 1 Unit Bundle