Intended for U.S. History classes, this 4 page pretest packet will help teachers identify the strengths/weaknesses of students' content knowledge concerning World War II.
The packet consists of the items below:
- Students will identify images of prominent world leaders and battles/events during the time period.
- They will have a section concerning specific dates (Pearl Harbor, D-Day, Poland Invasion, etc.). They will also be asked to put five major events in chronological order. -
- There is a multiple choice section consisting of 10 questions.
- Students must identify the events/topics of two WWII-era political cartoons.
- There are two separate short answer sections concerning events during and right after WWII.
- They must also use a word bank to see if they can recall the countries belonging to each alliance.
THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO BEGIN THE WORLD WAR TWO UNIT. IT CAN BE USED FOR WORLD HISTORY CLASSES, TOO, BUT IS FOCUSED A LOT OF THE UNITED STATES ASPECT.
COULD BE USED FOR SUBSTITUTE WORK, COLLABORATIVE GROUP WORK, ETC.