Nonfiction Reading Comprehension & Analysis: 34 Questions + Answer Key
Why use boring, meaningless text excerpts?
Teach high school reading informational text skills with interesting history content.
Was World War II really "A People's War?" Were all Americans really in support of U.S. involvement in WWII? Teach students about the true story of World War II, the true motives for U.S. involvement in World War II and the true amount of support American civilians showed for the WWII war effort. Teach students about the axis powers and Allied Powers, Open Door Policy, Closed Door Policy, Pearl Harbor, Economic Sanctions, Nagasaki and Hiroshima, the Holocaust, Executive order 9066, President Roosevelt, the Truman Doctrine, 38th Parallel, the Korean War, Espionage, Truman's Anti-Communist Defense Efforts, Executive Order 9835, Joseph McCarthy, Julius Rosenberg, Ethel Rosenberg, House Un-American Activities Committee, Marshall Plan 1948, JFK's Alliance for Progress, Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, Bay of Pigs, John F. Kennedy, and more!
ZIP FILE INCLUDES
- Printable Student Handouts (6 pages): 34 Reading Questions to pair with CHAPTER 16 of "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn (available for free using links below)
- 2 versions of above (6 page) student handouts with & without page numbers (for easy differentiation)
- Google Doc version and link for Google Classroom student activities
- ANSWER KEY
- 3-point reading response rubric (easy grading)
- Google Classroom Student Instructions: How to Submit Google Doc or Attachment for a Grade
NO PREP PRINT + GO or GOOGLE DRIVE OPTION
Perfect for high school US History, World History, or English Language Arts informational text passages or nonfiction text excerpts. Use for homework, assessment, independent work or student activities.
Use one of the below links to print CHAPTER 16 or share in Google Classroom:
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
You may also like ;)
ELA Print and Go Lesson Plans
ELA Task Cards
Culturally Relevant ELA Lessons
Emotional Intelligence SEL Curriculum
Social Justice & Global Citizenship Curriculum
Poetry Lessons & Units
Writing & Grammar Units
Holiday Print and Go Lesson Plans
Social Studies Lessons & Units
ELA Rubrics and Assessments
Differentiation & SpEd Professional Development