PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This set of paired passages includes one nonfiction passage and a fictional webpage passage about World War II as well as close reading activities. This packet would be a great supplement to give a brief overview of World War II or review concepts surrounding WWI such as causes of the war, leaders including President Harry Truman, and some major attacks.
Pick and choose what close reading and comprehension activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These passages are most appropriate for 4th and 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage
- 1 fictional webpage passage
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response task for each passage
- Evidence from the text task
- Context clues organizer
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational Writing
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
Connect With Me: