World War II: Research and Role Play Project
is an engaging project in which students meet and debate as figures from World War II. Franklin D. Roosevelt, Anne Frank, Joseph Stalin and more will all join you at the end when your students research and role play them at a World War II themed soiree.
"We learn 80% of what we experience." - Glasser
In this role-playing project, students research a major figure of World War II and then embody that person at a culminating soiree. This project puts students literally in the lives of World War II figures.
This detailed teacher’s guide includes:
● How to use this resource and complete timeline within the teacher’s guide
● Suggested figures of 40+ individuals with annotated bibliography for figures from World war II
● Student handouts for all aspects of the project including: research template, historical context template, costume research guide, and guide for preparing for the soiree.
● Complete list of journal entry prompts for use throughout the project
● A complete materials list
Skills Developed in this project:
- Students will practice interpersonal communication
- Students will research a topic using multiple sources
- Students will analyze nonfiction text. (CCSS ELA.LITERACY R1)
- Students will identify nonfiction text as secondary or primary sources. (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.1, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.9-10.1, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.11-12.1)
- Students will write short narratives as a historical character. (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.9-10.3)
- Students will analyze how a historical figure’s setting and personal history shaped the person they became.
- Students will embody a historical figure.
World War II Resources currently available include:
- World War II: Unit Project
- World War II: Pacific Theater
- World War II: Home Front Activities
- World War II: Interactive Notebook Timeline Activity
- World War II: Propaganda and Political Cartoons
- World War II: Morse code, code talkers and cryptology
- World War II: Illustrated Timeline
- World War II: Related to Maps and Map Activities
- World War II: Enemies of the state - Japanese Internment camps and Italian-American Experience during World War II
- World War II Interactive Notebook Pages
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.