This World War II unit for your high school U.S. history class is comprehensive and focuses on critical thinking and general knowledge. I designed this class as a four-five unit for my upper level U.S. history students. While this unit does require memorization of basic facts, it also pushes your students to use critical thinking as they contemplate the larger issues of the Holocaust and the dropping of the bombs in Japan.
This unit contains:
1) 33 pages of lecture notes with student outlines for modification purposes. The notes are broken down into sections for your usage. Use some or all of them depending on what you need.
2) 29 pages of student worksheets, including primary sources such as posters, pictures, and a speech. Many of these are critical thinking documents in which the students' answers will likely vary, therefore keys have not been included in this section.
3) 3 different student projects with a two suggested rubrics
4) A list of suggested movies or books for your class as well as 5 pages of questions to go along with various movies.
5) 5 written reviews for students, these are broken up by category for your convenience to use how you wish.
6) A jeopardy-style review game
7) 1 quiz with the key
8) 1 test with the key
World War II Unit
by Dena Lopez
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
If you found this product useful, you may also like these products from Room 311:
If you would like to check out a portion of this unit for free, check out this link:
World War II Review Game
U.S. History Projects
The Great Depression Review Questions
The American Civil War Unit
U.S. History Literacy Activity
Role-Playing Roundtable: WWII and the Dropping of the Bomb
World War II Assessments
Check me out at Room 311 on Facebook