This World War II Package has everything you need to teach fun and engaging lessons about World War II from the world history perspective. You receive a Unit Lesson Plan, a large selection of activities, PowerPoint, guided notes, tests, and much more.
You can check out my Mega Unit Bundle: 8 units – Medieval Period to World War II
If you like this package, you might also like the following units:
Medieval Unit Package
Renaissance, Reformation, and Exploration Unit Package
Enlightenment and Revolution Unit Package
French Revolution Unit Package
Industrial Revolution Unit Package
World War I Unit Package
Totalitarianism & Holocaust Unit Package
This is what you get in this package:
1. World War II Unit Lesson Plan (90 minute class periods) – 9 School Days
2. Learning Targets and Study Guide - Includes a unit overview, 10 learning targets, an essential standard, and a self evaluation students can take to assess their understanding of the content being taught. Also includes a list of terms, people, and events students must know to master the learning target.
3. World War II PowerPoint Includes: Causes of WWII, in-depth look at the policy of appeasement, aggression of Mussolini & Hitler, The start of WWII, the different blitzkriegs, Germany’s invasion of Russia, Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, North African Campaign, Invasion of Normandy, Battle of the Ardennes, Island Hopping, Victory in Europe, Hiroshima & Nagasaki, & the end of WWII – 180 Slides
4. Guided Fill-in-the-Blank Notes - Matches the PowerPoint – 13 Pages
5. Summative World War II 40 Question Test (3 pages) with Key – Also included: Modified Test (3 pages) with Key
6. Appeasement Writing Prompt – Encourages students to analyze if appeasement is an effective foreign policy and if peace is worth any price. Class discussion should follow activity. – 1 page
7. Road to World War II Primary & Secondary Source Assignment – A great five (5) page worksheet covering the start of WWII, the six steps to war, appeasement and the Nazi-Soviet Pact. The assignment combines eleven (11) Primary sources and Secondary Source information with 15 questions students need to answer. The answer key is provided.
8. Pearl Harbor Primary & Secondary Source Assignment – A great four (4) page worksheet about the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the subsequent declaration of war by the US on Japan. The assignment combines five (5) Primary sources and Secondary Source information with 9 questions students need to answer. The answer key is provided.
9. Infamy Speech Script – A handout with the transcript of Roosevelt’s famous Infamy Speech. Students are encouraged to follow along as you play the speech for them.
10. Home was a Horse Stall Reading Activity – This five (5) page assignment focuses on the Japanese Internment Camps in the US during World War II. The story follows a Japanese family as their rights are taken away from them and are forced to relocate. There are 12 questions students need to answer. The answer key is provided.
11. D-Day Primary & Secondary Source Assignment – A great five (5) page worksheet about the invasion of Normandy. The assignment combines one (1) Primary sources and Secondary Source information with 10 questions students need to answer. The answer key is provided.
12. Manhattan Project Primary & Secondary Source Assignment – A great six (6) page worksheet about the Manhattan project, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and whether or not the US should have used the Atomic weapon. The assignment combines six (6) Primary sources and Secondary Source information with 18 questions students need to answer. The answer key is provided.
13. Atomic Bomb Writing Prompt – Encourages students to think about whether or not the US should have dropped the atomic bomb on Japan to end World War II. Was there another way? Class discussion should follow activity. – 1 page
14. Mapping of World War II Military Campaigns Project - Students are to be divided into groups with each group taking a military campaign of WWII. Each group will research their campaign, create a poster visualizing the campaign, and then present that poster to the class.
Choose any or all of the activities, projects, or worksheets that cater to your style and how your class learns. Have a great time teaching about World War II.
The Historian, World History Lesson Plans, World History grade 10, lesson plans, worksheets, World War II, WWII, Appeasement, Hideki Tojo, Causes of World War II, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, Pearl Harbor, D-Day, Manhattan Project, 10th grade history, projects, activities, printables, High school history