World War 2 Comic Strip, World War 2 Project, Japanese Imperialism, Pearl Harborn, Japanese-American Internment Camps, Fall of the Philippines, Battle of Midway, Iwo Jima, Atomic Bombs Dropped, Surrender of Japan.
This project is a project that I use to teach an overview of World War II in the Pacific. There are 8 events that students research information on. When they are finished I have them write an overall summary of the Second World War in the Pacific. This is a very STUDENT-CENTERED activity. There is a rubric included for easy grading. You can scale the score to fit points for your class. The directions are simple, and provide for a lot of student CREATIVITY!
The eight events that students investigate are:
Imperialism of Japan
Japanese American Internment Camps
Battle of Midway
Battle of Iwo Jima
Hiroshima and Nagasaki get hit with Atomic Bombs
...and the surrender of Japan.
This product is a part of the World War II Unit. Products in this unit include:
1. World War II Bellringers Part One
2. World War II Bellringers Part Two
3. Get both warm up packs together with the World War II Bellringers Mega-Bundle!
4. 5 HIGHLY VISUAL World War II DBQ Primary Sources
5. Movie worksheet for Hacksaw Ridge
6. Movie worksheet for Unbroken
7. STUDENT-LED World War II in Europe Comic Strip Project!
8. STUDENT-LED World War II in the Pacific Comic Strip Project!
Enjoy this lesson! This activity is great for VISUAL AND VERBAL LEARNERS!
Interested in challenging DBQ History Bellringers organized by unit? Try the Bellringers Free Sampler Pack 1!
Please follow Playing With History on Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!