This activities can be broken into 5 separate lessons, or you can chunck multiple sections together! The lessons and activities will focus on the essential questions, topics, concepts, and details listed below. So pack a bag, dig a trench, watch out for rats, and let's learn a thing or two about the “war to end all wars!”
1. What caused this whole thing?
2. Were there any new weapons and technologies, and what was it like in the “trenches”?
3. Was the United States in this war?
4. When did it end, and what happened afterward?
5. What was going on in the U.S. when the men were away fighting?