World War One was a horrible war. This comprehensive package communicates to students the hellish conditions of the trenches. It effectively focuses on the human experience of those who served in the war. There are seven differentiated activities in this package.
Activity One: Weapons of the War
- Students research how various weapons were used during the war.
Activity Two: The Trench System
- Students view an aerial diagram of the trench system and answer a series of questions.
Activity Three: Strategy
- Students describe and draw the trench raid and creeping barrage.
Activity Four: Game
- Students play an online game that helps them understand various terms used in the trenches.
Activity Five: Trench Life
- Students view pictures from the trenches and write expressive words that reflect the pictures.
Activity Six: Article Analysis
- Students read an article online which evaluates the tactics of British General Douglas Haig.
Activity Seven: "All Quiet on the Western Front"
- Students watch this famous movie and determine whether it truly communicates the reality of war.
Buy the whole bundle!
World War One Bundle