This is a PowerPoint deck for teachers who are interested in teaching Worldview Critical Analysis of literature. It is meant to be used alongside the Worldview & Literature teachers notes.
It breaks down the 6 fundamental worldviews (Judeo-Christianity, Secular Humanism, Cosmic Humanism, Marxism, Postmodernism, Islam) by the 6 fundamental questions each worldview answers about reality.
1. Who / What is in charge of the universe? Where did it come from?
2. What does it mean to be a human?
3. Where does suffering come from?
4. Where is redemption from suffering found?
5. What values does the worldview centralize? (Ethics / Morality)
6. What is the source of truth and knowledge?
I use this as the foundation of 10th grade World Lit. It is a great lesson for those who want to integrate some elementary philosophy, ethics, morality, etc. into their literature curriculum.