You may not love worms, but I'll bet your students do! Capitalize on their interest and try this fantastic set of worm activities for preschool or kindergarten!
This unit can be used to accompany your fall resources (with the apple themed activities), but it would also be great for spring or summer.
This pack includes 13 different activities packed into over 55 pages of material.
1. 11 Fun Facts about Worms (all the interesting basics your class should know!)
2. Worm Diagram Cut and Paste Worksheets - Label the worm diagram (worksheet offered in 2 difficulty levels)
3. Those Wiggly, Squiggly Creatures Called Worms – Original, illustrated, non-fiction book (9 pages)
4. All About Worms - Black and White 7 page mini-book of worm facts for students to color and then trace the words
5. Worm Craftivity - Worm Art and Writing project
6. Create a Worm Town – Bring some real worm friends right into the classroom for observation! Tips for how to use your worm town plus decorative signs to add some flair to your bin/"town" of worms!
7. My Pet Worm Printable - Kids choose a worm from the classroom "worm town," draw it on the printable, and then observe it so they can respond to the questions on the worksheet
8. Worms in the Garden Counting Activity - Includes multiple use number cards (worm themed) and a colour background mat
9. Mr. Slinky Worm – Felt/Magnet board images to perform this much-loved classic at circle time
10. Mr. Slinky Worm Flip Sheet Activity - Students can perform the Mr. Slinky Worm song with you at circle time using this cut and colour flip sheet
11. Worms and Ladders (2 person board game) - Similar to snakes and ladders but with a cute worm theme
12. Apple and Worms Letter Match Printables - Draw a line from the worms to the matching apples (2 versions)
13. Apple Tree Number Match Game - Match the apples to the corresponding place on the apple tree - apple numbers provided in both numeral and word form
If you purchase this set, I would love it if you'd come back to leave some feedback. It will help me build my little store and it gives YOU valuable credits towards future TPT purchases. Thank you so much!!
For more Fall resources, check out some of my favourite sets below:
10 Fall Songs with Magnet/Felt Board Images
6 Magnet/Felt Board Songs with Matching Flip Sheets - Perform the song for your students with the felt/magnet board images, then again WITH your students when they use their flip sheet (There's songs for every season in the pack!)
Teach Easy Resources