Also included in
- Help students build self-confidence, increase positive thinking skills, and reduce feelings of worry and anxiety. Strong self-esteem and positive self-talk skills are critical social-emotional learning skills all students need for success. Use these activities to give a strong foundation and assistPrice $20.00Original Price $25.00Save $5.00
- Integrate social-emotional learning skills in an engaging way with this huge selection of resources focused on managing emotions, self-regulation, perspective-taking, empathy, confidence, resilience, self-advocacy, and more. Resources include the perfect blend of workbooks, activities, task cards, aPrice $98.00Original Price $143.00Save $45.00
Teach skills and strategies for managing feelings of worry with this "worry workbook". Activities focus on understanding worries, positive self-talk, perspective-taking skills, triggers for worries, relaxation strategies, problem-solving techniques, and more. Managing emotions is a critical social-emotional skill necessary for success.
Why It's Important to Target Worries
Kids and teens who worry more frequently are more likely to avoid tasks and activities that are uncomfortable for them. Instead, this workbook helps give worriers the skills they need to:
- Understand worries
- Recognize that worrying is a normal emotion
- Understand how the brain impacts our worries and ability to think clearly in times of stress
- Use relaxation strategies
- Practice coping strategies
- Challenge negative thoughts
- Practice positive self-talk and affirmations
- Use baby steps to work through fears and worries
Digital and Printable
UPDATED: I've added a link to a google slides version that you can easily access online, send to students, and have them type in their responses. To access, open the PDF with "digital directions" in the title.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Worries
- We All Feel Differently
- Why To Approach Worries
- Improving Your Thinking
- Working Through Worries
- Noticing How You Feel & Think
- My Worry List
- How Important is it Scale
- Your Worry Level
- Triggers for Worry
- How Worry Affects Your Body
- Feeling Better With Simple Steps
- Relaxation Strategies
- Relaxation Strategies: Deep Breathing
- Relaxation Strategies: Mindfulness
- Relaxation Strategies: Exercise
- Relaxation Strategies: Gratitude
- Coping Strategies Break
- Actionable or Not
- Problem-Solution Planning Sheets
- Self Talk 101
- Eliminating the Negative Voice
- Positive Self Talk Practice
- Positive Affirmations
- Perspective Taking Explained
- Distorted Thinking Explained
- Distorted Thinking – Stopping Yourself
- Diary of Thoughts – 10 Minute Free-write
- Diary of Thoughts - Reflections
- Coping with Uncertainty
- Addressing & Conquering Fears
- Task Cards Review (32 Cards)
Black and White Version
A black and white version is also included!
Tips for Customers:
- Click here to follow my store for notifications about new resources and freebies.
- If you have questions, please contact me through Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
- Please consider leaving feedback on this resource to receive TpT credits! I always strive for 5 stars and love hearing your feedback.
Disclaimer: These resources are for supplementary support/education purposes and are not a replacement for education or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.