Writing and spelling activities to fill you with horror, dreadful displays and an Awful Alphabet all bundled up for 7-9 year olds.
Haunted House Activity Sheets
36 spelling and writing activity sheets suitable for grade 2/3 featuring:
– 24 'exception words'
– 12 words that contain ‘ou’ as in ‘touch’
Each sheet includes seven writing and spelling challenges:
– Trace the spelling in lowercase, uppercase and cursive
– Write in the cloud Trace the spelling with funky writing (and mind the witch)
– Ghostly Mirror: Have a go at the tricky challenge of writing the spelling backwards!
– Pumpkin Splat: Match each letter of the spelling to the relevant pumpkin
– Spooky Washing Line: Cut out the mixed up letters at the bottom of the sheet and then stick them in the correct order to the washing line
Every word is also provided on an individual powerpoint slide.
Students can then use their imagination with the Creepy Sentence sheets and write a sentence using the featured spelling and then draw a picture of their sentence in the relevant space.
Learning is consolidated by spotting the spellings in the three word searches.
Awful Alphabet - Halloween Sentence Starters
Set imaginations racing with the Awful Alphabet!
A word for each letter of the alphabet that can be used to create a creepy/spooky/scar sentence.
Each word is provided on an individual powerpoint slide.
Sentences can be created individually using the Creepy Sentence sheets or by the whole class using the editable powerpoint slide.
Have a go at creating your own Awful Alphabet. How many other creepy words can you think of for each letter?
Includes a poster featuring the complete Awful Alphabet.
Write Fright Display Letters
Set of simply letters and spook ornaments to make your display look absolutely DREADful!
Includes uppercase and lowercase letters. All letters are provided as a PDF to print off and as individual PNG files on a transparent background so that you can add them to your own posters and powerpoints.
Includes some spooky ornaments.