Do you have questions about this resource? Message me instantly by clicking HERE!
Write & Reads are a simple and effective phonics tool that students can use to practice every single phonics sound-spelling.
Students will write the missing sound-spelling pattern in the blank space and will then read the word. After they’ve read all of the words with that sound-spelling on that strip, they will color in a star (3 stars in all).
Write & Reads can be used in a multitude of ways, including:
- RTI/Intervention tool
- put in book boxes as a practice/reference tool
- put in desk caddies as an early finisher practice activity
- one-on-one practice
- put in Word Work area
- independent practice tool
How to prep:
Write and Reads are incredibly easy to prep. To use them, just simply print, cut, laminate (if you wish), and place on rings (or bind, if you want).
The graphics on the work pages come in color and black and white. This gives you flexibility in how you use this resource. If you want students to practice writing and reading the words over and over, you will need to laminate the sheets. Students can use a dry erase marker and eraser each time.
What patterns are included?
Short Vowel Word Families:
- ab, ad, ag, am, an, ap, at, ack
- en, ed, et, ell, ent, eck
- in, ip, it, ill, ick, ink, ing
- ot, og, op, ock
- ug, un, ump, uck, unk
Long Vowel Word Families:
- a_e, ai, ay
- ea, ee, ie, y (as in messy)
- i_e, igh, y ( as in sky)
- o_e, oa, ow, oe
- u_e, ue, ew
- L Blends: bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, sl
- R Blends: br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr
- S Blends: sc, sm, sn, sp, st, sw
Beginning and Ending Digraphs:
- Beginning: ch, sh, th, wh, ph, kn, wr
- Ending: ch, sh, th
- au, aw, oi, oy, oo (as in boot), oo (as in foot), ou, ow
- ar, er, ir, or, ur
- scr, spr, squ, spl, str
Hard C/Soft C
Hard G/Soft G
FYI: These are not included in any other packet or bundle! This is a BRAND NEW resource. Thank you.
Want access to a library of free resources for K-2 students? Join the free VIP Resource Library here!
Come join my private group to connect and collaborate with other primary teachers! Join here!