Write Summaries, Edit Paragraphs, Organize Writing Into Outlines & Essays BUNDLE
Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- Here are 6 resources that teach students how to do various types of writing, organize information that will be used for writing, cite sources in MLA format when writing a bibliography, and edit writing plus a 7th resource with several rubrics and checklists you can use to assess your students' writiPrice $28.00Original Price $35.00Save $7.00
These graphic organizers, posters, checklists, and sentence starters will help all your students develop their skills in editing and revising paragraphs, writing summaries of fiction and non-fictions texts, and organizing index card notes and PowerPoint slides into outlines and essays.
✓ Please note:
* These 3 products, plus 4 more writing resources, are available in a big money-saving bundle HERE.
What educators who have used this bundle say about it:
♥ "Extremely comprehensive and useful!" -- Susan D.
♥ "A must have resource for ELLs." -- Coleen B.
♥ "I ... love the sentence starters. They ... are higher level thinking while remaining simple enough for students to model. My weakness as a teacher is giving too much information or cramming too many things on a paper or checklist. Yours are to-the-point, easy to understand, and get to the heart of what I teach in writing without overwhelming students." -- A 9-10th Grade ELA teacher
What you get in this bundle:
★ Writing Summaries: Helpful Guides for ELLs and Beginning Writers -- Organizational frameworks and sentence starters that guide your students through writing summaries of fiction and informational texts (19 pages for students and teachers)
★ Writing Paragraphs: Checklists for ELLs and Other Writers -- Three different checklists to help your students edit and revise their writing at the paragraph level (18 pages for students and teachers)
★ Writing Organizers: Turn Index Cards & PowerPoint Slides into Outlines & Essays -- Organizational frameworks that show students how to write essays using information from PowerPoint presentations and how to write outlines from information they noted on index card notes (21 pages for students and teachers)
Pages in color and black-and-white are included in the writing summaries product and the writing paragraphs checklists product; the writing organizers product comes in black-and-white only. The 8.5" x 11" posters in all 3 products come in both color and black-and-white versions.
Each writing resource addresses the following ELA Common Core standards:
* Writing Summaries = RL.4.2, RL.5.2, RL.6.2, RL.7.2, RL.8.2, RL.9-10.2, RL.11-12.2, RI.4.2, RI.5.2, RI.6.2, RI.7.2, RI.8.2, RI.9-10.2, RI.11-12.2
* Writing Paragraphs = W.5.5, W.6.5, W.7.5, W.8.5, L.5.1, L.5.2, L.6.1, L.6.2, L.7.1, L.7.2, L.8.1, L.8.2
* Writing Organizers = W.5.4, W.5.5, W.6.4, W.6.5, W.7.4, W.7.5, W.8.4, W.8.5
There are several ways to use the resources in this writing bundle:
* Use the color versions as displays on bulletin boards, project them on interactive whiteboards, or laminate and use them as references in writing centers.
* Copy the black-and-white versions for each student to use in writing journals in class and at home and when peer editing.
* Teachers can also use the black-and-white versions for assessment purposes.
All 3 writing resources have been classroom-tested with ELLs in Grades 5, 6, 7, and 8. They are ideal for ELLs in those grades at intermediate and advanced levels of language proficiency (WIDA Levels 3, 4, or 5) and these resources will also benefit other students who need help with writing paragraphs, summaries, outlines and essays. High school ELLs may also find the resources in this bundle useful.
You might also like these products:
★ Compare & Contrast Writing; Opinion, Persuasive & Argumentative Writing; Writing Citations with Task Cards in MLA Format BUNDLE
★ Writing Rubrics & Checklists: A Collection of 7 Assessment Tools
★ Student Self-Evaluation Forms to Assess Projects, Curriculum Units, and Courses (with Google Drive version included!)
★ End of Year English and English Language Arts Persuasive Writing Activity
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the star by my store name at the top of your screen
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards or WIDA ELD standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS or WIDA standards.