With a partner, students work all four problems on a placemat. After both students agree on the answers for the problems on the page, they then add the answers together to find the “Sum”. The teacher easily and quickly checks the “Sum” to evaluate the students’ understanding and allows the students to know if they made a mistake.
Seven placemat activities include practice writing equations given two points, rewriting equations into slope-intercept form, rewriting equations into standard form, writing equations from context, linear function transformations, finding slope given two points and a mixed review.
Print several copies of each placemat on one color of paper and slide them into plastic page protectors. The students can use dry erase markers on the plastic and easily wipe off their work when finished. Sometimes I’ve printed two different placemats with similar topics, each on their own color of paper, and slid them back-to-back into the plastic page protectors.
Included in the package:
Seven activities included, each with four problems and space to write the “Sum” of the solutions.
Find Slope Given Two Points
Write Equations Given Two Points
Rewrite Equations into Slope-Intercept Form
Rewrite Equations into Standard Form
Write Linear Equations from Context
Linear Equations Mixed Review
Linear Function Transformations
You might also like:
• Solve Linear Equations Placemat Activities (5 pack)
• Systems of Linear Equations Placemat Activities (8 pack)
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept & Standard Form Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Parallel & Perpendicular Lines Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Graph Linear Equations Problems Pass Activity (12 problems)
• Solve Systems of Linear Equations Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Linear Graphs Scavenger Hunt Activity (6 stations)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Write Systems of Linear Inequalities Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Solve Quadratic Equations Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Absolute Value Functions Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Quadratic Functions Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Linear Inequalities in One Variable Problem Pass Activity (12 stations)
This purchase is for one teacher only:
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.